ABOUT THE AWARDS
Since 1986 The Friends of The Dowse have offered their support to New Zealand tertiary students through an Award scheme designed to encourage innovation and creativity specifically in the areas of design and craft. It is the leading national award in this area.
The Friends of The Dowse offer this award to provide an opportunity for students to step into creative industries with a coveted award to their name, as well as to gain financial assistance.
These awards are an opportunity for students to format their best work in a concise way, convey their design to a diverse panel of professionals and ultimately get great exposure and a helping hand with their professional practice.
TIM WIGMORE Designtree
WHAT FIELDS DO THE AWARDS COVER?
Entries are welcome in the fields of:
- Lighting Design
- Furniture and Product Design
- Textile & Fashion.
WHAT AWARDS ARE THERE?
- ECC Supreme Award $2,000
- ECC People's Choice Award $1000
- L'affare Innovation in Sustainability Award $1,000
- ECC Ltd Lighting Award $1,000
- ECC Ltd Furniture & Product Design Award $1,000
- Tuatara Ceramics Award $1,000
- The Village Goldsmith Jewellery Award $1,000
- Rembrandt Textile & Fashion Award $1,000.
10 x Highly Commended Certificates.
The Supreme winner also takes home a trophy crafted by Tim Wigmore and his team at Designtree.
Have a look around our site. Check out the galleries of the last few years of winning work. Find out where some of the winners are now on our spotlight page, and, if you're interested in entering have a read of our Terms & Conditions and Entry pages. We look forward to seeing your entries from 1 August 2018.
THE DOWSE ART MUSEUM
The Dowse is a public art gallery where people can enjoy contemporary art and culture. Founded in 1971, The Dowse is based in Lower Hutt, New Zealand and houses a collection of over 2,000 items. To this day The Dowse continues to add to its collection with recent acquisitions revealing a contemporary focus that highlights key developments in New Zealand art, by artists of significance.
ABOUT FRIENDS OF THE DOWSE
Friends of The Dowse are greatly valued members of the extended Dowse family. Like all good friends, they are close to the action, working alongside the team as advocates for all things Dowse—and having a great time doing so.
Some of the benefits of becoming a Friend of The Dowse are:
- online newsletters to keep you up to date with all the latest Friends news, exhibition openings, gallery events and insider info!
- invitations to special exhibition events
- visits organised to exhibitions and places of artistic interest (floor talks, private art collection visits, studio/gallery/architectural tours)
- opportunities to volunteer or assist on special Dowse projects if you wish
- discounts from local businesses
- a chance to become more closely involved with The Dowse and like-minded people.